Azerbaijan Investment Company was created by the March 30, 2006 dated decree of the President of Azerbaijan Republic in order to promote investment to develop non-oil sectors of the economy, update the material and technological basis of the existing enterprises.
Currently, the company successfully continues the execution of set duties regarding on development of the non oil sector of country's economy. Thus, concrete works have been doing regarding on implementation of projects on the expansion of cement production, the establishment of shipbuilding company, processing of foodstuff, logistics and other areas.
The followings are carried out with the joining cooperation of Azerbaijan Investment Company:
- Common financing of projects of investment companies and portfolio investors implemented in
- To allure the major international organizations functioned in non oil sector for investment and implementation of new technologies;
- To guarantee the participation of Azerbaijani companies in international capital markets;
- To attract finance of potential investors interested in obtaining the Azerbaijan Investment Company bonds, including bonds guaranteed by assets;
- To create common investment funds with participation of large financial institutions.
For further information about the function of Azerbaijan Investment Company can be found from the web page of company www.aic.az.