Azerbaijan Investment Company (AIC) was established by the Decree number 1395 of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan On additional measures to promote investment activity" signed on March 30, 2006.
The main purpose of AIC is to support the development of the non-oil sector of the economy via termed equity injection along with local and foreign co-investors into the greenfield and brownfield projects on the territory of Azerbaijan.
The followings are carried out with the joining cooperation of Azerbaijan Investment Company:
- Common financing of projects of investment companies and portfolio investors implemented in
- To allure the major international organizations functioned in non oil sector for investment and implementation of new technologies;
- To guarantee the participation of Azerbaijani companies in international capital markets;
- To attract finance of potential investors interested in obtaining the Azerbaijan Investment Company bonds, including bonds guaranteed by assets;
- To create common investment funds with participation of large financial institutions.
For further information about the function of Azerbaijan Investment Company can be found from the web page of company www.aic.az.